Exciting news from Transport Times Events!
TTE is led by the well connected transport guru Professor David Begg, a man with his fingers firmly on the industry's pulse !
So an event in January asking "Is the North missing out on Transport?" should be packed to the rafters with heavy weights.
According to a TTE email and their website the following are 'Confirmed Speakers'
- Rt Hon Philip Hammond, Secretary of State for Transport
- Cllr Richard Leese, Leader, Manchester City Council
- Richard Eccles, Chief Executive, Network Rail
- Julie Mills, Director, Greengauge 21
- Adam Marshall, Director of Policy, British Chamber of Commerce
- Prof Michael Parkinson, Director, European Institute of Urban Affairs, Liverpool John Moores University
- Alexandra Jones, Chief Executive, Centre for Cities
Presumably David Higgins has been told?