Network Rail has done much to encourage the role of ladies in the industry, despite suggestions to the contrary (see Private Eye passim).
As Iain Coucher spake but recently:
“We want the best to work for us – both men and women – and I hope that as we continue to show our modern business and the opportunities that we offer that we can attract exceptional women to apply for these roles and be part of something fantastic.”
A part of something fantastic indeed!
With Iain's words ringing in our ears Eye readers are invited to use their skill and judgement to decide which of these Wimmin of Power should be Network Rail's new CEO.
- Margaret Thatcher - approved more electrified routes miles than any other Prime Minister and delivered a new railway to Abroad!
- Imelda Marcos - expert on procurement.
- Pollyanna Walker - already has a team second guessing NR's every move.
- Jo Kaye - expert on delivering small improvement schemes (eg Workington North) that don't eat into Director's bonuses (Shurely 'cost a fortune'? Ed)
- Boadicea - skilled at reducing headcount, usually by cutting off below the knees (That's enough powerful ladies. Ed).
UPDATE: Sadly Blogger's crappy poll gadget isn't working, so just pretend you are an NR Director, pull a number out of the air and then remind yourself that you are worth it.