Sunday 12 July 2009

Readers letters

Hello 'fact' compiler,

You will probably find this totally humourless and stick it on your blog so you can take the piss out of it, but here goes anyway.

It's about your response to my email of a week ago concerning the car on the line on the ECML, I know it's a bit late but I've only just seen it.

First, where did I sign myself "concerned" NR employee?

I realise it was meant as a joke and was responding in similar vein, hence the reference to the hard hat which certainly wasn't meant seriously.

Secondly, I was also making a reasonable (I thought) point about not doing potentially dangerous things.

When you work in a signalbox and have safety drummed into you every day, yet have to watch others doing daft things, you become a bit sensitive on the subject.

Anyway sorry to be po faced but if you are going to put people up for ridicule you might take the trouble to actually read what they write.

I will still say keep up the good work though.

Ivan (unconcerned NR employee).