Tuesday 24 November 2009

Virgin's Social Media guru quits!

Twitter is abuzz with the news that Richard Baker, Virgin's social media guru, has quit.

Richard made the shock announcement via Twitter early this evening.

His 1,264 followers were directed to a statement on his website which said:

I just couldn’t get away from the niggling feeling that I wasn’t meant to be there. I was meant to be doing 'Something Else'.

I have a wealth of experience in service, communications, human resources, leadership and influencing at board level - and am studying for my MBA. I have a real passion for internal and external engagement.

Richard has spent almost ten years at the InterCity West Coast operator, most recently as General Manager for Liverpool and the North Wales Coast.

He also played a key role in giving the TOC a well respected presence in Social Media forums.

Eye commends him to any railway company seriously thinking about using Social Media to build both the brand and relationships.

Richard's blog post explaining why he is leaving, and with links to his CV, can be found here.

Hire him now!