Thursday 21 May 2009

Another NR fares intervention!

This just in from PJ over at the Network Rail press office...

It's not my job to defend the cost of rail fares but I thought I had to share this story.

I have a packed agenda for a working day next week which involves four English cities.

This is my itinerary:


08:04 - dep King's Cross
10:07 - arr York
11:58 - dep York
13:19 - arr Manchester Piccadilly
15:07 - dep Manchester Piccadilly
16:31 - arr Birmingham New St
18:10 - dep Birmingham New St
19:35 - arr Euston

I don't have a status pass or get privs and all the tickets are standard singles booked six days in advance.

Any idea what it cost me?

£69 in total - the most expensive being £29 KX-York.

My gast is truly flabbered.

Thank you for this PJ.

Dear reader, was your gast also truly flabbered? Have you travelled a greater distance for less?

If so please let us know at this address:

The Moaning Minnies
Care of Geoff Hoon MP
999 Letsby Avenue
Westminster
SW1 W0E