Monday 21 October 2013

Contrition Corner - Woemar seeks forgiveness

A clearly contrite Wolmar writes...

"Oh dear, oh dear!

"I just broke the rule of a lifetime and said ‘do you now know who I am?’ 

"A FGW press officer returning my call about the absence of wi-fi on its trains, first made the mistake of calling me ‘Chris’ a name I have never answered to, and then he said, ‘where are you calling from?’ 

"I very rudely replied that I had only been writing a column for Rail magazine for nearly 20 years but perhaps he did not read it and then uttered the fateful words...

"Can I be forgiven?"


Quite so Chris. Perhaps you can let us know where you are from, so we can see if Eye can help...

UPDATE: This from Captain Deltic, who is never knowingly out contritioned... 

That is nothing.

This morning I have called RVEL of Derby, REVEL in my e-Preview blog (is that a plug? Ed) and promptly corrected it to REVL in a follow up e-mail to the over 2500 subscribers (that's enough plugs Deltic! Ed).

And I also got the loco class number, which I saw being worked on by RVEL, wrong.

Can anyone beat that?


Are you a railway journalist of international standing? And would you like to participate in Eye's very own Chapter of Faults? If so please email the usual address...